Core Values are those closely held scriptural truths that define us as a Church, they are the "DNA" that makes us uniquely us. They permeate through all of BFC church life, philosophy and practice.
1. WORSHIP AS PRIORITY. The worship of God is our primary ministry, pursued with Biblically motivated zeal and offered in reverence with humility, childlikeness, and joyfulness.
2. GOD'S WORD AS AUTHORITY. The Word of God is our final authority and source of life-guidance, calling us unto faith-filled obedient, Godly lifestyle.
3. GOD'S LOVE BRINGS WHOLENESS. A Holy Spirit-begotten climate of God's love is that atmosphere which most readily begets living hope, fosters true health and produces practical holiness, as Jesus' cross points us to a path of discipleship and a life free of condemnation, at rest in God's grace.
4. MINISTRY TO THE FAMILY. The Biblically modeled family is God's foundational social and governmental unit and is to be nourished, served and preserved as such. Fundamental to this value is the sanctity of marriage, Biblical sexuality and human life.
5. RACIAL HARMONY AND GOD'S KINGDOM. Under God our Creator, ethnic diversity is respected; and under Christ our Redeemer, all humanity is invited to answer the Bible's call to the values and virtues of the Kingdom of God.
6. UNITY OF CHRIST'S BODY. The unity of the Church-Christ's global, many-faceted Body is to be earnestly sought and unselfishly served, that this value for which Jesus prayed may find its answer in our attitudes and commitments.
7. CONSTANT PRAYER UNTO FRUITFULNESS. Steadfast prayer and faithful intercession allow us to enter a partnership with God Almighty, and they are the foundational means of personal and corporate fruitfulness in life, service and ministry.
8. SPIRIT-FILLED WITNESS AND SERVICE. The ministry of the Church is to be conveyed through the means of maturing believers at every age level, social status and marital state: baptized in the Holy Spirit for empowered witness and equipped in the Word and His gifts for faithful service.
9. VITALITY OF THE SPIRITUAL LANGUAGE. The Biblical exercise of Holy Spirit enabled supernatural utterance is vital for prayer, praise, intercession and edification and is a desirable and an available resource for every believer.
10. COMMITTED TO SPIRITUAL WARFARE. The reality of the invisible realm of spiritual conflict demands Biblical confrontation through prayer and ministry with discernment and love; that the triumph of Calvary is not minimized, but applied by such means.
11. GENERATION MINISTRY. Quality ministry to our children and young people will get the best of our time, money and energy. We are building future generations and therefore focus on long-term strategic planning. Our student ministries are recognized as the training ground for the next wave of servant-leaders in the church. Our congregational and church gatherings will always have a youth emphasis in order to continually focus on reaching the next generation. We build a generation pipeline at every age level (including all adults: married couples, singles and seniors) as a means of constantly developing leaders and mature disciples for the kingdom of God.
12. SPIRIT OF GIVING AND STEWARDSHIP. To live is to give-in tithes, offerings and all life's resources. We steward what we have been given of time, gifts and finances, seeing these as being from God's hand, yet as ours to obediently distribute.
13. COMMUNITY ACTION (FELLOWSHIP IN ACTION). The example of Jesus and scriptural mandate to care for people and participate in our community in a compassionate and practical way is a value that drives us to be a Spiritual Community Resource where God is seen, love is felt, and lives are changed.
14. COMMITTED TO SOUND DOCTRINE. We adhere to a specific Declaration of Faith set forth by the Elders of Believers Fellowship Church; always living in the spirit of the maxim “In essentials, unity; in nonessentials, liberty; in all things, charity.”
15. BIBLICAL ACCOUNTABILITY AND INTEGRITY. Holding to a Biblical example of accountability, the Pastors of Believers Fellowship Church are members of Ministers Fellowship International, with whom they cooperate and enjoy accountability and enriching fellowship. In addition, the Pastors and Elders of Believers Fellowship are mutually accountable. Pastors, church staff and leaders among the congregation are held accountable to a godly lifestyle, as examples to the flock of God. Member/Partners of the church are expected to publicly identify with Jesus Christ in their lifestyle and live a life of righteousness in accordance with the Holy Scriptures.